Simon Peter (), the creator of the format of self-contained packages , release distribution , based on FreeBSD 12.2 and positioned as a system for regular users, which may go macOS fans, unhappy with Apple policies. The system is free of the complications inherent in modern Linux distributions, is under complete user control and allows former macOS users to feel comfortable. To acquainted with the distribution boot image of 1.4 GB in size ( ) has been .
The interface resembles macOS andtwo panels – the top one with the global menu and the bottom one with the application bar. The package developed by the CyberOS distribution kit (formerly PandaOS) is used to form the global menu and status bar . The based on the project , also from the developers . For managing files and placing shortcuts on the desktop, the file manager is being developed , based on from the LXQt project. The default browser is Falkon , but Chromium is optionally available.
ZFS is used as the main file system, and exFAT, NTFS, EXT4, HFS +, XFS and MTP are supported for mounting. Applications arein self-contained packages. To launch applications, the utility is used , which finds the program and analyzes errors during execution. The system for building Live images is based on the of the FuryBSD project .
The project isseries of proprietary applications, such as a configurator, an installer, a mountarchive utility for mounting archives into a FS tree, a utility for recovering data from ZFS, an interface for partitioning disks, a network configuration indicator, a utility for creating screenshots, a Zeroconf server browser, an indicator for setting volume, utility for setting the boot environment. For development, the Python language and the Qt library are used. Among the supported components for application development, in order of decreasing preference, PyQt, QML, Qt, KDE Frameworks, and GTK are named.
The main innovations in helloSystem 0.6:
- The transition from the Openbox window manager to KWin has been made.
- Provided the ability to manipulate any edge of the window to resize windows.
- Provided snapping of windows to certain sizes when dragging to the edge of the screen.
- Implemented resizing of icons in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Correct centering of window titles is provided.
- Added animation effects for resizing, minimizing and expanding windows.
- Added an animated preview of open windows that is shown when you move the mouse pointer to the upper left corner of the screen.
- By default, the stacking mode of window placement is activated.
- Rounding of the upper corners of the windows is ensured, while maintaining the sharp lower corners. When the window is opened to full screen or attached to the top, the rounded corners are replaced with sharp ones.
- Kernel settings are optimized for better sound quality.
- Added the “Open” menu and the Command-O combination for opening files and directories in the Filer file manager.
- Filer no longer supports tabs and “Thumbnail View”.
- Added Command-Backspace combination to move files to trash and Command + Shift + Backspace to instantly delete.
- Simplified interface with desktop settings.
- Added transparency support for desktop wallpaper.
- Added an experimental applet to show the battery charge level.
- begun to be generated for installing helloDesktop desktop on FreeBSD.