Heroic Games Launcher is a graphical Open Source application for Linux, where users can add their games that were purchased at the Epic Games Store.
Current Version Screenshots
- Xterm (installed in most distros. I’ll check the default terminal in the future)
- As of version 0.3.0 is not needed to have Legendary installed.
How to use it:
- Download and install the binary for your distro or the universal AppImage file on the Releases Page;
- install xterm
- If you used Legendary before, it load your library and installed games. If not, it will ask you for Login First. Just follow the instructions.
Feature availables right now
- Login with an existing Epic Games account
- See the your personal Game library
- Check basic information about your Games
- Install/Uninstall Games
- Play games using the default wine and default prefix
- Sync saves with the cloud (kind of bugged)
- Open game page on Epic Store
- Search for the game on ProtonDB
- Play game with custom wine (Lutris Wine/Proton maybe but can lead to bugs)
- Run games on custom wine prefix
- Sync installed games with an existing Epic Games instalation folder
- Import a already installed game
- Get the Free game of the week
- Multiple installations at the same time
- Add Games outside Epic Games
- Integration with other stores
Binaries supported right now
- DEB, RPM, Pacman, AppImage and TAR.XZ (with the heroic binary and all dependecies)
- Might think about Flatpak in the future as well
- There is a AUR version right now:
Installing Heroic Games Launcher in Linux
You can find installation packages in the form of DEB, RPM, Pacman, tar.xz, and. If you prefer, you can also build it from source.
How to build and run locally
This app uses web technologies like Electron, React and Typescript. To be able to run you will need to have NodeJs installed locally and follow the instructions below:
- Clone the Repository.
- Install foreman with
npm i -g foreman.
- On the project folder run
npm run buildto build the React Assets.
- To build the binaries run
npm run dist.