Mattermost is positioned as an open alternative to the Slack communication system and allows you to receive and send messages, files and images, track the history of conversations and receive notifications on your smartphone or PC. Slack-ready integrations are supported , and a large collection of native modules are provided to integrate with Jira, GitHub, IRC, XMPP, Hubot, Giphy, Jenkins, GitLab, Trac, BitBucket, Twitter, Redmine, SVN, and RSS / Atom.
Major innovations in Mattermost 6.0 :
- The interface has a new navigation bar that makes it easier to work with channels, discussions, checklists (playbooks), projects / tasks and external integrations. Through the panel, you can also get quick access to search, saved messages, recent mentions, settings, statuses and profile.
- Support for many experimental features has been stabilized and enabled by default, such as plugins, archive channels, guest accounts, export of all downloads and messages, mmctl utility, delegating individual administrator roles to participants.
- In the channels, the preview of links to messages is implemented (the message is shown under the link, which eliminates the need to go to in order to understand what is at stake).
- By default, support for ” Playbooks ” is included, covering common work checklists for teams in various situations. A full-screen interface for working with checklists has been implemented, in which you can immediately create new lists and sort existing jobs. The interface for assessing the status of work has been redesigned and the ability to set a time for sending reminders has been provided.
- The project and task management interface ( Boards ) is enabled by default , in which a new dashboard is implemented, and a channel selection form is built into the sidebar. Support for analytical functions is implemented for tables.
- The desktop client has been updated to version 5.0 , which offers a new interface for navigating channels, playbooks and tasks.
- Dependency requirements have been increased: the server now requires at least MySQL 5.7.12 (support for the 5.6 branch is discontinued) and Elasticsearch 7 (support for branches 5 and 6 has been discontinued).
- Separately prepared plug-in for use in Mattermost end-to-end message encryption (E2EE).