release of the distribution kit , built on the Debian package base, KDE technologies and the init system has been . The distribution develops its own , which is an add-on over the user’s KDE Plasma environment. To install additional applications, the AppImages self-contained package system is being promoted. The are 3.1 GB and 1.5 GB in size. The developments of the project are under free licenses.
NX Desktop offers a different style, its own implementation of the system tray, notification center and various plasmoids, such as a network configurator and a multimedia applet for volume control and playback control of multimedia content. The package also includes applications from the set, including the Index file manager (Dolphin can also be used), Note text editor, Station emulator, Clip music player, VVave video player, and Pix image viewer.
In the new release:
- Desktop components have been updated to KDE Plasma 5.22.5, KDE Frameworksn 5.86.0 and KDE Gear (KDE Applications) 08.21.1.
- By default, Firefox is now shipped in a self-contained AppImage package and runs in an isolated environment.
- Updated versions of programs, including the graphics editor Inkscape updated to release 1.1.1.
- The Calamares installer uses the new QML module (a summary of the planned activities shown before starting the installation).
- For installation, you can choose from packages with the kernel Linux 5.14.8 (default), 5.4.149, 5.10.69, Linux Libre 5.10.69 and Linux Libre 5.14.8, as well as kernels 5.14.0-8.1, 5.14.1 and 22.214.171.124 with patches from projects and .