The release of the distribution kit Nitrux 1.6.1 , built on the Debian package base, KDE technologies and the init system has been OpenRC published . The distribution develops its own NX Desktop , which is an add-on over the user’s KDE Plasma environment. To install additional applications, the AppImages self-contained package system is being promoted. The boot images are 3.1 GB and 1.5 GB in size. The developments of the project are distributed under free licenses.
NX Desktop offers a different style, its own implementation of the system tray, notification center and various plasmoids, such as a network configurator and a multimedia applet for volume control and playback control of multimedia content. The package also includes applications from the set MauiKit , including the Index file manager (Dolphin can also be used), Note text editor, Station emulator, Clip music player, VVave video player, and Pix image viewer.
In the new release:
- Desktop components have been updated to KDE Plasma 5.22.5, KDE Frameworksn 5.86.0 and KDE Gear (KDE Applications) 08.21.1.
- By default, Firefox is now shipped in a self-contained AppImage package and runs in an isolated environment.
- Updated versions of programs, including the graphics editor Inkscape updated to release 1.1.1.
- The Calamares installer uses the new QML module Summary (a summary of the planned activities shown before starting the installation).
- For installation, you can choose from packages with the kernel Linux 5.14.8 (default), 5.4.149, 5.10.69, Linux Libre 5.10.69 and Linux Libre 5.14.8, as well as kernels 5.14.0-8.1, 5.14.1 and 184.108.40.206 with patches from projects Liquorix and Xanmod .