Security OS Tails 4.19 RC1 Available to Download, Test and Installation, The Amnesic Incognito Live System (Tails) is a Debian-based live DVD/USB with the goal of providing complete Internet anonymity for the user. The product ships with several Internet applications, including web browser, IRC client, mail client and instant messenger, all pre-configured with security in mind and with all traffic anonymized. To achieve this, Incognito uses the Tor network to make Internet traffic very hard to trace.
What’s new in 4.19~rc1?
Tails 4.19, scheduled for June 1, will completely change how to connect to the Tor network from Tails. We would like as many people as possible to test this beta version to be able to fix as many problems as possible before we release 4.19 to all users.
Over the years, we have identified many issues in how to connect to the Tor network from Tails, thanks to your feedback. With this beta, we are trying to solve the most important and pressing of these issues:
- The lack of feeback while connecting to the Tor network.
- The option to use Tor bridges has to be turned on in the Welcome Screen and cannot be changed afterwards.
- The lack of default Tor bridges.
- The previous configuration screen for Tor bridges wasn’t accessible to people who use the screen reader.
- The lack of guidance when Tails is not connected to a local network yet. source;
How to Install Tails 4.19~rc1 on Live USB
To upgrade your Tails USB stick and keep your persistent storage
- Automatic upgrades to Tails 4.19~rc1 are available from versions 4.2 or later. If you installed 4.19~beta1 you should automatically be asked to upgrade the next time you start it. If you are running Tails 4.2 to 4.18, you can upgrade like this:
- Start Tails and set an administration password.
- Run this command in a Terminal:
echo TAILS_CHANNEL=\"alpha\" | sudo tee -a /etc/os-release && \ tails-upgrade-frontend-wrapperEnter the administration password when asked for the “password for amnesia”.
- After the upgrade is applied, restart Tails and choose Applications ▸ Tails ▸ About Tails to verify that you are running Tails 4.19~rc1.
- For USB sticks (USB image)
- For DVDs and virtual machines (ISO image)