Today Canonical Announced Ubuntu 21.04 Stable Release Available Download .iso installation with Kubuntu, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, UbuntuMate Flovour. Ubuntu is a full-featured Linux desktop operating system that provides independent community and expert support. The Ubuntu community was inspired by the idea of the Ubuntu Declaration. The software must be free to use, the software tools must be used in their native language regardless of disability, and individuals are free to customize and choose. If necessary, change and modify software as if your requirement as they available open sourced. “Ubuntu” is an old African word meaning “humanity for others”. The Ubuntu version brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software realm.
Canonical released Ubuntu 21.04, codenamed “Hirsute Hippo”. The new version of this version comes with GNOME running as the default desktop in the Wayland session and has a built-in functionality to join Active Directory domains. “Ubuntu machines can be added to the Active Directory (AD) domain during installation for centralized configuration. AD administrators can now manage Ubuntu workstations, simplifying compliance with company policies. Ubuntu21.04 adds a new configuration system from the AD domain controller’s Set function. With the Group Policy client, system administrators can specify security policies on all connected clients, such as password policies and user access control, as well as desktop environment settings, such as the login screen. background, and favorite apps. Ubuntu 21.04 uses Wayland by default, which is a huge leap in security. Ubuntu 21.04 will be supported for 9 months until January 2022. If you need Long Term Support, it is recommended you use Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, instead.Firefox, OBS Studio, and many applications built with Electron and Flutter will automatically take advantage of Wayland for smoother graphics and a better scoring scale. “Other details can be found in the release version. Release notes.
Highlighted New features in 21.04 ;
- Ubuntu 21.04 includes the 5.11 Linux kernel. in this kernel added updates & support since the 5.8 Linux kernel released in Ubuntu 20.10. Some notable examples like fsync() performance improvements for ext4 and Btrfs with performance and data recovery improvements as well as Newer AMD and intel Graphics support.
- Wayland is now the by default support on most configurations, which features better security and performance on Ubuntu 21.04, and Pipewire support is now enabled which restore working screen recording and allow better audio handling for sandboxed applications
- The desktop view now properly handles drag and drop interactions as well as entire gnome shell refreshed and better polished with Dark mode,
- The power profile mode can now be changed from the settings, Switch between Power Saving & performance mode.
- Ubuntu 21.04 Support Some GNOME 40 Apps & software Under-the-Hood of Gnome 3.38, Some Updated Packages on Ubuntu 21.04 Firefox 87.0, LibreOffice 7.1.2, Thunderbird 78.8.1, NetworkManager 1.30, PulseAudio 14
Ubuntu 21.04 Installation ;
ubuntu-21.04-desktop-amd64.iso (2,688MB, SHA256, signature, torrent),
ubuntu-21.04-live-server-amd64.iso (1,119MB, SHA256, signature, torrent).
UbuntuMate 21.04 Download (Mate Desktop environment Based Ubuntu flavor)
Kubuntu 21.04 Download (Kde 5.21 Based Ubuntu 21.04)
Lubuntu 21.04 Download (LXQT 0.16 Based Ubuntu 21.04)
Xubuntu 21.04 Download (Xfce 4.16 Based Ubuntu21.04)
Pingback: How to Install Mate Desktop on Ubuntu Linux - LinuxStoney
Pingback: Ubuntu 20.04.3 LTS with Linux 5.11 and more news available - TechStony