The most important changes:
- MSXml, XAudio, DInput and some other modules have been converted to PE (Portable Executable) format.
- Included are some system libraries to support PE-based assemblies.
- DirectInput retains support only for the new backend for joysticks that support the HID (Human Interface Devices) protocol.
- Winelib has improved support for MSVCRT assemblies.
- Closed bug reports related to the following games: Emergency 3, Need For Speed Most Wanted 2005, Path of Exile, Victor Vran, Diablo 2: Resurrected, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Project CARS 2.
- Closed error reports related to the operation of applications: ZWCAD 2020, DTS Encoder Suite, WOLF RPG Editor, QuantumClient, PSScript.
Additionally, we can note the formation of a release of the Wine Staging 6.20 project , within which extended Wine assemblies are formed, including incompletely finished or risky patches that are not yet suitable for adoption into the main Wine branch. Compared to Wine, Wine Staging provides 557 additional patches.
The new release provides synchronization with the Wine 6.20 codebase. 5 patches related to joystick support in DirectInput and COM initialization when windows are activated in imm32 have been transferred to the main Wine composition. Updated patches eventfd_synchronization and ntdll-NtAlertThreadByThreadId. Temporarily disabled the mfplat-streaming patch set and all remaining dinput patches (to coordinate with the new HID backend).